Thank you for thinking about hosting a fundraising event for YOUCAN Youth Services. From BBQs to Garage Sales, Golf Tournaments to Galas no event is too big or too small. The following tools and templates have been developed to assist you in determining what type of event you would like to host and to provide you with some tips on how to start organizing your event. Also, how we, YOUCAN Youth Services, can help you with your event.
Here are some examples of types of events you can organize:
- Golf Tournaments
- Garage Sales, Bake Sales, Car Washes
- Bowl-a-Thon, Yoga-Thon, Knit-aThon
- Dress Down Day at Work
- Birthday, Anniversary, Bar/Bat Mitzvah Celebrations
- Outdoor BBQ
- Silent Auction
Once you have decided on the event, please don't forget to register your event by filling out the Event Proposal Form.
Note: Application must be approved by YOUCAN Youth Services prior to publicizing or holding events. Community Event organizers will be required to sign a privacy agreement prior to the approval of their event.
Some questions you may need to consider when planning your event:
- How will I promote my event? (flyers, e-vite, friends and family networks)
- What is the budget/expenses for my event?
- How many volunteers will I need and how will I recruit them?
- Will I need any licenses or permits for my event?
- Can I ask YOUCAN Youth Services to issue tax receipts to guest/participants of my event?
We can support your efforts in many ways, for example: helping with permit and license applications, allowing use of YOUCAN Youth Services logo on your materials/providing a letter of endorsement for your event, budget planning, issuing tax receipts to your guests/participants and providing YOUCAN Youth Services information and brochures for your event.