About Relentless Outreach Workers
YOUCAN Youth Services Relentless Outreach Workers stop at nothing — within reasonable measures — to reach out to youth and empower them in making positive, healthy and life changing decisions. Relentless Outreach Workers aim to build long-term relationships with the youth as they move through the Ready Phase of our READY-WILLING-ABLE model with the end goal that they will eventually live independently and out of harm’s way.
THE RELENTLESS OUTREACH WORKERS ADDRESS:
- School factors, including low commitment to school, poor attitude or performance in school (if attending at all).
- Employment factors, including low commitment to employment, poor attitude or performance in a job setting (if attending at all).
- Family factors, including poor parent-child relationships, broken homes, separation from parents or low supervision.
- Peer group factors, including gang affiliation or the influence of peers who engage in risky behavior.
- Individual factors, including defining one’s identity through violence.
- Societal factors, including alienation and poverty.
THE RELENTLESS OUTREACH WORKERS AIM TO:
- Reduce the incidents of disruption and crime by youth, moving them towards employment or education.
- Increase attendance of youth, in school or day programs, as well as pre-employment or employment programs.
- Reduce factors among youth, and their families that can cause harm.
- Increase the factors among youth, and their families, which can move them toward success.
Currently this program only receives referrals from the Edmonton Police Services Youth Unit. For more information about the program, please contact Morgan Shott.