About Relentless Youth Workers
YOUCAN Youth Services Relentless Youth Outreach Workers stop at nothing — within reasonable measures — to reach out to youth and empower them in making positive, healthy and life changing decisions. Relentless Youth Outreach Workers aim to build long-term relationships with the youth as they move through the Ready Phase of our READY-WILLING-ABLE model with the end goal that they will eventually live independently and out of harm’s way.
THE RELENTLESS YOUTH OUTREACH WORKERS ADDRESS:
- School factors, including low commitment to school, poor attitude or performance in school (if attending at all).
- Employment factors, including low commitment to employment, poor attitude or performance in a job setting (if attending at all).
- Family factors, including poor parent-child relationships, broken homes, separation from parents or low supervision.
- Peer group factors, including gang affiliation or the influence of peers who engage in risky behavior.
- Individual factors, including defining one’s identity through violence.
- Societal factors, including alienation and poverty.
THE RELENTLESS YOUTH OUTREACH WORKERS AIM TO:
- Reduce the incidents of disruption and crime by youth, moving them towards employment or education.
- Increase attendance of youth, in school or day programs, as well as pre-employment or employment programs.
- Reduce factors among youth, and their families that can cause harm.
- Increase the factors among youth, and their families, which can move them toward success.
For more information about the program, please contact Amy Abrams.